Irrigation with the ICS AirCal provides a modern choice
for gold standard caloric irrigation. It combines the
convenience and patient comfort of air, with the precision
of water irrigation, enabling you to do caloric testing
Accurate stimuli with air
- Research has proven that using air temperatures set at 24°C and 50°C creates a comparable response as water irrigation.
- ICS AirCal heats and cools at a temperature range from 12°C to 50°C.
- For accuracy, the temperature is controlled at the tip of the delivery tube and stabilizes in less than 60 seconds of start up.
Efficient and accurate testing
- With the superior delivery head the tester can see the tympanic membrane, making it easy to accurately deliver stimulus. This new design reduces the learning curve for clinicians who currently use a water irrigator.
an efficient workflow, ICS AirCal integrates the irrigation
function with Otometrics’ VNG/ENG systems, enabling you
to stay next to the patient while accurately completing the
caloric test battery.
Flexible, quiet and portable
- You can set the temperature, airflow and time to meet your
- Furthermore you can set the intensity
of the beep that let’s you know the stimulus time has been
- The ICS AirCal is quiet, has a small footprint and
low weight (18 lbs/8 Kg) making it easy to transport.
Superior delivery head
- Fully lighted unobstructed view of the tympanic membrane.
- Enables you to direct the flow of air straight at the tympanic membrane for effective irrigations.
- Disposable specula for irrigation as well as easy viewing of the tympanic membrane, saving time as there is no need to swap speculum.
- Unique head design allows for cooling of the air without condensation build-up.
Intuitive digital display
- Easy-to-see display in the dark, and the large buttons are easy to find.
- Display is viewable from many viewing angles allowing you to stay near your patient.
- Water is used to cool below room temperature. The water reservoir level display tells you when refill is needed.
Easily operate the ICS AirCal
- Direct communication with Otometrics VNG/ENG solutions.
- Selected protocol automatically sets the correct temperature (warm or cold).
- Start the VNG/ENG tracing simultaneously along with the stimulation count down timer.
- Start video recording or center a tracing using the foot switch or trigger button on the delivery head.